Post by Felicity Whelan, Managing Director – GLUE Content
It’s already been well established that 2017 is the year of the video. Just like Shakira’s hips, the stats don’t lie.
However, with more people than ever engaging with the medium, it’s important to understand why video is so successful and what about it makes it so influential. But before we get into the reasons as to why video is what everyone’s doing, it’s worth looking at the numbers once more.
Sales company HubSpot has been tracking the phenomenon over the years and found the following:
- Video will make up more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019, and currently, people spend a third of their online time watching videos.
- Adding a video to eDMs can have an enormously positive effect on click-through rates (we’re talking 200-300% increase).
- 90% of customers use product videos to inform whether they are going to buy something.
- In that same vein, a good 64% of customers are more likely to buy something after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies, and video ads currently account for 35% of marketing spend.
No doubt, no doubt, video is the reason to go. But just why has the moving image become the medium du jour? We’re spending our next two posts examining just four of the reasons:
- Brand Recall Goes Through the Roof
What was the last video you watched? Was it the cat with the ball, or the puppy with the food? Either way, if you do remember it, you’re sitting with the 80% of consumers who can recall a video they’ve watched in the last month.
Why so memorable? The double whammy of visuals and audio make any video an assault on the senses (in a good way). A video is also very easy to share, allowing organic growth and an increase in reach. In important news for businesses, remembering a video also means recalling the elements around it – like your brand. Better brand recall = more leads and sales.
- Website hits and SEO on the up!
65% of top dogs in business visit a brand’s website after viewing their video, driving traffic and increasing your authority with the all-powerful Google. While that’s not a stat to sneeze at, it’s important to remember that the quality and relevance of the video must remain high – after all, it continues to be a representation of your brand.
On top of the 65%, 39% of those decision makers go one step further, contacting a vendor after viewing a video. Therefore, integrating this type of content into your website, landing pages and marketing paraphernalia should result in a spike in website hits, and hopefully, conversions.
To find out more about the reasons for video’s ongoing success, stay tuned for Part Two. In the meantime, do you need help telling a story for your next video production in Melbourne? We are a Video Content Digital Agency in Melbourne that specialise in producing great video content and animations that will set your brand or company apart. Get in touch today!